Love Phone Texting This Valentine’s Day!
According to a survey of 705 textPlus users ages 13-17:
Nearly 40% said they think it’s ok to tell someone “I love you” for the first time via text message, and 35% have actually done it
- 35% of those who choose to say “I love you” in text don’t spell out the word “love” – they use the text symbol ❤ (a heart)
- And often they’re not careful – 30% admitted to accidentally texting “I love you” to the wrong person at least once!
Clearly the rules of love are changing in the digital age – so what does a romance today look like? textPlus resident “textpert” Drew Olanoff offers these tips for texters in love:
1. Saying “I love you” over text is perfectly fine – as long as you follow it up with a face-to-face “I love you.” You can’t ONLY say it over SMS.
2. Send your Valentine a photo of you blowing a kiss or making a heart shape with your hands – visuals can be sweet
3. Surprise your significant other by texting “open the door” or “look outside” and be ready and waiting with a bouquet of flowers
4. Long distance? Use tech tools like textPlus Face Text to hold a real-time text conversation with photos
5. No Valentine this year? Group texting and communities of single friends are the perfect place to commiserate together
CLICK HERE for more Phone Apps News… https://phoneappsmag.wordpress.com/