Monthly Archives: June 2011
And the winner is …
Some of the most advanced and powerful smartphones available run Android, so deciding on the best mobile to buy can be a seriously tough decision. Fear not! We’ve got everything you need to know about the world of high-end Android mobile phones to bring you the cream of the crop and help you make the right purchase decision.
Google’s Android has emerged as the fastest-growing mobile platform out there, and with more and more Android devices hitting the market every day, that situation looks set to continue. There are plenty of reasons for the success of the Android. The Android Market is packed with great apps and games, the platform is perfectly integrated with Google services, and it’s fast, efficient, and versatile. A wide range of top manufacturers support the platform, notably HTC and Motorola.
Motorola Droid X
Motorola had fallen on hard times when it made the clever decision to throw its weight behind the new Android platform. The company helped to build the Droid brand with the hugely popular Motorola Droid and now it’s back, with a new range of devices under the Droid banner. The best of the bunch is the Motorola Droid X.
Large 4.3-inch screen (854×480 pixel resolution)
Fast 1 GHz processor
8GB of internal memory (can be expanded up to 32GB)
8-megapixel camera (dual LED flash)
HD video recording (720p)
No physical QWERTY keyboard
No support for 4G
Android 2.1 (will be upgraded to Android 2.2)
4 out of 5 stars Read the rest of this entry
My tween days are far, far behind me, and I’ve got a houseful of boys. To learn what apps girls might like best, I went straight to a source. Here are the top 10 best apps for tween girls selected by Olivia Rosen, age 12.
Note: Most of these are iPhone, because that’s what Olivia’s folks have. I’d love to hear recommendations for Android apps that tween girls love!
- Celebrity Makeup Looks. I love CelebMakeup because it shows me how to do really fun styles of makeup application like Lady Gaga or Egyptian Queen. (iPhone, Free)
- Modiface Makeup. I like the app makeup because I like to put makeup on friends and with this app, I get to without even having any makeup with me.
- Sims 3 Ambitions is a virtual world with your own character facing real challenges in a real life. (Android, iPhone $4.99)
- Skee-Ball Free is my favorite game at an arcade, Skee Ball! Skee Free is a virtual Skee Ball game. It’s so fun! (iPhone)
- Best Hair is an app with a bunch of tutorials for healthy hair and the latest hair styles. (iPhone, Free) Read the rest of this entry