Category Archives: iPad
Here’s How to Make Your Battery Last
Question: I recently purchased my iPad, and I love it! The only problem is that I love it so much that I drain the battery really fast. How can I maximize my battery life?
Answer: You’ll find multiple ways to extend your battery life, based on how you use your iPad:
- Decrease your screen brightness. Do this by tapping on Settings, then going to the Brightness & Wallpaper option.
- Use the Airplane Mode when you don’t need the Internet. Suppose you brought your iPad in your purse and only want to use the Kindle app while you’re getting your car serviced. You don’t need the Internet. Go to the settings and turn the Airplane mode on. (Note: Did you know your iPad will constantly search for a WiFi setting? So if you’re mobile or in a place with spotty connections, then using the Airplane Mode feature will increase your battery life.)
- Does your iPad blurt out a sound when you receive a notification from Apps like Twitter? Turn off Push notifications by heading to Settings and tapping on Notifications. You can also cancel out those blurting/blipping sounds by going to Settings, then General, and then Sounds. Both of these will save you precious battery time.
- Finally, avoid leaving your iPad in direct sunlight. As with all batteries, heat kills the battery — even until to the point of a battery no longer holing a charge. Read the rest of this entry
A Wall Street Journal blogger confirmed today that Apple has just booked an event at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco, CA on March 2nd. This could be the announcement we’ve all been waiting for – the iPad 2!
Savvy techies are predicting that the new iPad 2 will have two cameras (one on front and one back for Apple’s FaceTime app). It will probably have a better screen quality and a few other extras soon to be announced. The first iPad was announced on January 27, 2010.
So, if you haven’t already purchased the first iPad and are looking to buy one soon, it might be worthwhile to wait a few more weeks. Some experts believe the new iPad 2 could go on sale by the end of March.
Stay tuned for more info!
Phone Apps Mag news https://phoneappsmag.wordpress.com
Report from Bill Dumas:
Soundmatters www.soundmatters.com, a leader in high-quality, portable speakers founded by former NASA engineer/audio legend Dr. Godehard Guenther, announced today it is delivering foxLv2 Bluetooth for iPad, the ultimate wireless portable speaker for the iPad. The perfect iPad travel companion, foxL Bluetooth is the first pocket-sized wireless speaker that audio purists will love, with a range of unique sound features, such as foxL’s patented “Twoofers,” “BassBattery,” and other technologies that provide a smoother deeper bass and an “open & airy” listening experience that provide iPads and other products with the superior sound quality they so desperately need to let you enjoy your portable movie and music experience to the fullest.
A great gift for Father’s Day, dad will love bringing the highly portable battery-operated foxL Bluetooth hi-fi audio speaker wherever he brings his iPad, on the road, at work for presentations, to play music at parties, watch movies in the living room, tailgate at football games, and much more. Priced at only $199 and incredibly small at 5.6” wide x 2.2” high x 1.4” deep with 8 hours of rechargeable battery-time, foxL Bluetooth features a full range of audio output from 80Hz – 20kHz with real bass for amazingly good Bluetooth music streaming in a tiny package that fits with your portable lifestyle. With the latest v2 of foxL Bluetooth, all iPad and other Bluetooth devices (including iPhone, iPod touch, laptops, portable gaming, and Bluetooth/music phones) will experience longer battery life and improved Bluetooth due to the updated 2.2 circuitry.
foxLv2 Bluetooth for iPad Features:
- Patented Audio Technology: provides more audio output for louder, distortion-free sound.
- Features patented Dual 1-inch Linear Magnetic Drive “Twoofers” more likely found in large expensive hi-fi speakers for remarkable clarity and range.
- Patented“BassBattery” Technology turns the battery into a woofer for smoother deeper bass.
- “DomeForward”driver alignment and high-transparency acoustic grill provide an “open and airy” listening experience, typical of good home speakers.
- Built-in Noise-canceling Mic: for “business quality” wireless speaker phone/conferencing.
- Bluetooth Music Streaming: provides surprisingly high-quality Bluetooth stereo with auto pairing and even shows up in the iPad’s AirPlay menu.
- Plays & Charges Anywhere: Along with its patented re-chargeable built-in woofer/battery (for up to 8 hours of play), it plays and charges with the included universal AC charger (with four international adapters) and included USB cable.
The foxLv2 Bluetooth for iPad and other Bluetooth devices is priced at $199, available through major online retailers, including Hammacher Schlemmer, Sharper Image, Music Direct, Amazon.com and others.
Phone Apps Magic news http://phoneappsmagic.wordpress.com
The new version of ArtRage for iPad v. 1.0.5 is now available at the Apple iTunes Store. ArtRage for iPad lets you become a mobile digital artist on your iPad, providing the experience of actually “painting” digitally on an iPad canvas with oil paints that smear and blend, and watercolors that flow together to create soft, wet gradations, just as they would in a traditional art studio. Info: www.artrage.com.
New and improved features in ArtRage for iPad v. 1.0.5 Include:
- Canvas Zoom and Pan Speed have been drastically improved for faster operation.
- Automatic Save Prompt: per user requests, a save prompt now pops up on the toolbar every 10 minutes for quick saving.
- Low Memory Alert: ArtRage reports when memory is low, so that you can save your painting.
- Toolbar Button: new button brings the toolbar up any time you need it for easy access.
Rework with Desktop Version via iTunes: ArtRage for iPad allows you to share your painting files with the desktop version via iTunes, so you can add finishing touches or use the editing tools in ArtRage 3 Studio Pro to tweak your work on your Mac or Windows machine
ArtRage for iPad is available immediately for $6.99 at the Apple iTunes Store.
Every year around this time Apple unveils their next big product release. Some are saying it will be the iPhone 5 while others believe it will be the iPad 2. Perhaps it will be news on both products. For now, let’s talk iPad 2. It’s been in the works ever since the first one received rave reviews. Apple has to stay on top of the current trends and ahead of it’s competitors of which there are many. Industry experts believe there are a few things that we’ll probably see added to the new iPad 2. Let’s take a look.
1. Since the iPhone 4 has FaceTime, this would be a wonderful feature to be added to the iPad 2. Imagine seeing your friend, partner or family member on a much larger screen than your iPhone. Yes, that would be a winner.
2. According to a recent report by WSJ, the iPad 2 will be thinner and lighter than the first iPad.
3. WSJ says it finally has a camera. Hooray!! Ask and ye shall receive! Now we have to find out how much better will the megapixels be than the iPhone.
4. Quicker Processor and more speed! YES! Getting sites and apps to open faster will be a joy! Being able to get your work done faster on the iPad 2 is a blessing in disguise.
5. Last year the iPad was released in April. Some believe we’ll see the iPad 2 in April 2011. Mark your calendars now!
Apple has sold over 14.8 million iPads since its initial launch last year and the numbers continue to climb. It continues to be the best selling computer tablet on the market. Keep checking back at the Phone Apps Mag Blog for further iPad news and details.
There is nothing that can beat the feeling of a perfect hit with the golf driver, which is why Imperial Game Studio is proud to announce the launch of Golf Battle 3D www.golfbattle3d.com, an interactive application available today on Google’s Android market. Available for about $3, or skr21.00 (Swedish Krona), this game is all about the two best features of golf: Hitting furiously long drives & kicking your friends’ butts! That is why they have produced this network based, action golf game with the driver as the only weapon.
Thanks to the Airplay software and the fact that the game is network based, users can play against their friends no matter what platform they are on. With their sister company, Martin Flensburg (CEO), Pär Green (Producer), and Alex Sahlin (Producer) were among the first developers ever to connect multiple platforms in mobile applications. Now, Imperial Game Studio has kicked it up a notch by connecting players from five different operating systems – Android, iOS (Apple), Symbian (Nokia), Windows 7 and Samsung Bada.